WE STOPPED PUBLISHING POST ON THIS BLOG AS WE MOVED TO OUR NEW WEBSITE.
TO CHECK THIS POST ON OUR NEW WEBSITE CLICK HERE …..
Xiaomi has started to roll out the OTA of its Global stable MIUI 7 for a range of devices from 27 of this month. It is also made available on Xiaomi’s official forum for manual update.
Company has listed the devices which will support the Global MIUI 7 stable version. Mi 3, Mi 4, Mi Pad, Mi Note, Redmi 1S 3G, Redmi Note 4G, Redmi 2/ Prime are the devices which will receive the update.
All new MIUI 7 comes with pretty good features like daily lock screen, child mode, showtime, baby album and 4 new build-in themes.
For those who are not familiar with the flash process or manually installing process, they should wait for the OTA update to come for their device. To check whether the OTA has arrived,user should check the updater app. If the OTA has arrived then they should press update and then reboot now to install it automatically without losing any data.
The ones who want to install it manually just follow the instruction given below :
- There are two methods for installing the ROM : Fastboot and Recovery. Using the recover mode is more easier and it also don’t wipe your data. On the other hand Fastboot requires you to download the Mi PC suite on your computer, and using this method wipes the files and settings on your device.
If you’re using MIUI V5/MIUI 6 stable version on your device, you can update directly on your deivce via OTA, or flash the full ROMs in recovery or using Mi PC Suite. If you’re using MIUI China developer version or Global beta build, you can flash the full ROMs in recovery mode after wiping all user data.
UPDATE USING RECOVERY MODE :
- Take backup of all your data to your computer or cloud storage services.
- Download the ROM of your device to pc or mobile from the following links.
- Mi Pad Recovery ROM – V220.127.116.11.KXFMICI (543MB)
- Mi Note Recovery ROM – V18.104.22.168.KXEMICI (711MB)
- Mi 3 | Mi 4 Recovery ROM – V22.214.171.124.KXDMICI (665MB)
- Redmi 2 (4G) / Prime Recovery ROM – V126.96.36.199.KHJMICI (652MB)
- Redmi Note (4G) Recovery ROM – V188.8.131.52.KHIMICI (692MB)
- Redmi 1S (3G) Recovery ROM – V184.108.40.206.KHCMICI (682MB)
- Rename the file to update.zip and transfer it to the root folder of your device.
- For entering into recovery mode.
- Open the updater app from your device.
- click on the … icon at top-right corner, and select Reboot to Recovery mode.
- After going into recovery mode you can use Volume up/down to select up/down, and Power button to confirm.
- Now choose your preferred language, and select Install update.zip to System One and confirm. Doing this will initiate MIUI 7 installation to your device. Wait until the update is completed, choose Reboot to System One, and then you are ready to use MIUI 7.
UPDATE USING Mi PC Suite :
- Download Mi PC Suite here and install it on your computer.
- Turn off your device, press the Power button and Volume – button at the same time to enter Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device with the computer with a USB cable.
- Open Mi PC Suite and let it find your device. Then select ‘Update’. If the update is available, click ‘Update now’
- Wait untill the ROM is successfully flashed on your device, and welcome to the world of MIUI 7.
UPDATE USING FASTBOOT MODE :
- Download Mi Phone Flashing Tool from here .
- Download the Fastboot ROM from link given below.
- MIUI 7 for Xiaomi Mi 3 – Fastboot ROM
- MIUI 7 for Xiaomi Mi 4 – Fastboot ROM
- MIUI 7 for Xiaomi Redmi 1S – Fastboot ROM
- MIUI 7 for Xiaomi Redmi 2 – Fastboot ROM
- MIUI 7 for Xiaomi Redmi 2 Prime – Fastboot ROM
- MIUI 7 for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G – Fastboot ROM
- MIUI 7 for Xiaomi Mi Note – Fastboot ROM
- MIUI 7 for Xiaomi Mi Pad – Fastboot ROM
- Make sure the file you downloaded is in TGZ file type.
- It is highly recommended to move your Fastboot ROM to the root directory of C or D drive & decompress the file.
- Switch off your Xiaomi smartphone. Hit the Volume- key and the power button at the same time to enter Fastboot mode. Now plug in your device to a Windows PC or laptop via the Micro-USB cable.
- Install and open the Flashing tool. Give the address of the ROM file in address bar.
- By clicking refresh button MiFlash will recognize your device.
- At bottom there are three options. To preserve your user data make sure you select Flash all except data and storage.
- Now click Flash button to flash the ROM to your Xiaomi smartphone.
- Wait till the progress completes. You will then see a message next to it that reads: “The operation completed successfully”. Your device will automatically reboot and there you go. Your new MIUI 7 is all ready to have your hands on it.
source: MIUI forum